So good! So so good! Use in cakes, on scones, with meringues or if you are sometimes a little bit of a pig (like me) do what a friend suggested and simply dip a good biscuit, shortbread for example, into the lemon curd. A jar can disappear very very quickly that way!
It will take you about 30 minutes from start till cold to make and will keep at least a week in the fridge. Makes about two jam jars full.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl with a fork and strain into a heat proof bowl
- Add butter, sugar and lemon juice and zest to the egg and combine
- Place the heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water ensuring that the bottom of the bowl does NOT touch the water….(you will end up with very sweet scrambled eggs if it does!)
- Stir the mixture constantly until you are left with a custard thick consistency. This takes about 20 minutes
- Take away from heat and place in the sink with cold water in it – keep stirring until you have cooled the lemon curd down.
- Put into a jar or glass and cover. Place in fridge.
- Give away as a gift or use to make other puddings.