Full of flavour and really crisp – perfect Sunday meal or playdate food – thrown in the oven and spend time with your family while it cooks!
1 whole chicken
4 jacket potatoes choped into 8 pieces each
Lots of garlic cloves – to taste of course
Sea Salt/Pepper to taste
- Take your chicken and rub it with lots of salt and pepper. Leave it for an hour or so in the fridge.
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Chop the potatoes and place in a pot of cold, salted water – bring to boil and drain once boiling. Let them steam dry for a few minutes then shake around in pot to make slightly fluffy…adds to crispiness!
- Get your chicken and shake off excess salt. Place it in a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil and honey. Rub this into it. Sticky job! Let the children do it!
- Place a whole lemon and some garlic cloves inside the cavity of the chicken.
- Put it in the oven and cook for 40 minutes
- Take out chicken and add potatoes to the dish – any liquids from the chicken are great for basting it with as well as coating the potatoes with!
- Sprinkle rosemary onto chicken and potatoes
- Place remaining garlic cloves in between potatoes
- Cut the remaining lemon into small quarters and place into the tin
- You can add a splash of white wine to the tin also – not necessary though!
- Put everything back into the oven and cook until chicken is done – usually another 40- 50 minutes depending on size
- Meat should pull away from chicken easily and juices run clear if stabbed
- Enjoy! I love to eat the roasted garlic with the chicken as it has a lovely sweet flavour when warm. It is gorgeous on fresh bread…yummmmmyyy!