Fresh fish fillet, lemon breadcrumbs and homemade oven chips with garlic, lemon aioli…yum! The children love this and always want to make their own strips of fish!
- Preheat your oven to 200C
- Halve your washed jacket potatoes and thinly slice. Put in a pot of cold water and bring to boil, Once the water boils, drain the potatoes and toss in 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet line oven tray and sprinkle with salt.
- When oven warm, place slices of toast in it and let them go brown and crisp – time will depend on thickness
- Place crisp bread in food processor and whizz until crumbs with the salt, pepper and grated lemon zest
- Pour onto a large, flat plate
- Make lemon and garlic aioli as per recipe in Lemon section or to make cheats version – put amount of mayo you want to serve into a bowl. Add crushed garlic and grated lemon zest and stir to combine. Leave in fridge and let flavours combine
- Pour flour onto large flat plate
- Crack egg into bowl and stir with fork to combine
- Slice the fish into strips
- Let the children roll the fish strips in flour, then into egg and finally into lemon breadcrumbs.
- Once covered, lay on a baking sheet covered oven tray
- Place potatoes in oven – they will need between 25-30 minutes depending on thickness. Keep an eye on them, they are done when brown and crisp
- The fish will need about 15 minutes – maybe more if you have made large strips. Put them into the oven so that they will be done at the same time as the potatoes.
- Serve with peas, mange tout or broccoli – anything green looks nice on the plate
Use the lemon breadcrumbs with any meat – especially gorgeous with veal and chicken!