It may seem silly to dedicate a whole recipe page to this very simple drink but it really can change how you feel and look – and believe me – when you have young children any little bit of help is mostly welcomed!
- Feeling of a cold or flu coming on: drink the freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon in a glass of lukewarm water every 2 hours.
- Sore throat: add the juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon (5ml) of sea salt to 1 cup (250ml) lukewarm water. Gargle three times a day for 1 minute to diminish the burning sensation.
- Tonsillitis: gargle every 2 hours for at least 30 seconds with the freshly
squeezed juice of 1 lemon. Tilt the head back to allow the antibacterial and antiviral properties of the juice to flow into the back of the throat.
- Healthy looking skin: drink a glass of half the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon with lukewarm water twice a day (morning and night)
- Promote weight loss: drink a glass of half the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon with lukewarm water twice a day (morning and night)
Have a read on lifemojo.com for more ideas!