Let’s face it – breakfast often becomes the routine meal….Something easy, quick, coffee….Well, if you are bored with toast and cereal – have an omelette! Quick to make and filling too. Can be made in many ways…my favourite is this one! Don’t leave out the coffee though…could not imagine my mornings without one!
- Heat the oil in an omelette pan – or any small pan you have
- In a pot, bring the water to boil and let the spinach soften for a few minutes – drain
- Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper and sliced mushroom in a bowl and stir
- When the pan is warm, pour in the egg mixture. Let it settle stirring gently to cook it evenly. Low heat will get you the best results
- When the omelette looks dry at the bottom but still slightly wet on the top, lay the spinach onto it. Gently fold half the omelette on top of the spinach.
- Let it cook for a further few minutes until you can see all the egg mixture has dried.
- Gently lay on a plate and enjoy!