A small, simple but very useful recipe to have! A must for every breakfast table…
Fill a small sauce pan with trimmed and washed strawberries (halved)
- Add a teaspoon of sugar (optional) and a tablespoon of water
- Simmer ever so slowly until a nice, thick compote is formed
- Let cool and store in a jar or airtight container in the fridge – will keep for 2 weeks easily.
Eat on toast or put a dollop in your bowl of natural yogurt – delicious!
- Great as a gift – just add a nice lable and ribbon to the jar!
- If you have strawberries that are too soft to eat do not bin them – make compote!
- Compote can be made with most berries – blueberry also gorgeous!