These biscuits can be used at any time of the year to be honest! Simply shape and decorate according to season. Easy and sweet….what more could you want!?
1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 190C
- Mix butter and sugar together until creamy
- Add egg and vanilla essence and stir well
- When smooth, add the flour slowly until a soft dough is formed
- Leave to harden slightly in fridge for 20-30 minutes
- Dust work surface and roll dough out to about 5mm thickness
- Cut the dough into the shapes you want – bats, ghosts….(Christmas Tree, Star, Easter Bunny)
- Place on baking parchment on a tray and into the oven
- Bake for about 10 minutes – will depend on your oven – keep an eye on them! When finished they will be slightly brown around the edges.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before decorating with icing