These are lovely as gifts and look beautiful on any table, for any occasion! We had a three-layered cake stand full of chocolate dipped strawberries at our wedding reception – they go wonderfully with champagne!200g dark chocolate (70% cocoa content)
Fruit of your choice – good ones are:Dried, soft apricots Strawberries Apple slices Cold banana slices
- Slowly melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over simmering water. Do not allow to boil as chocolate will go hard and grainy.
- Once melted, remove from heat but keep bowl in the hot water so the chocolate does not start to cool down.
- Dip the fruit into the bowl and place it on a large piece of baking paper/parchment. Let the dipped fruit air dry (unless it is a very hot room in which case the fridge probably is best).
- When the chocolate is completely dry, remove from parchment and put in pretty presentation bags with string (if a gift) or in a lovely jar or simply in a bowl on the table!
- Keep in the fridge until serving – will keep for 2-3 days.