This glaze is absolutely divine! The kick of ginger combined with the sweet honey, salty soya and chocolate really works. Works well on chicken also.
8 ribs or pieces of chicken (try to source from a local butcher or a good meat counter)
2 tbsp of finely chopped dark chocolate (70% or more cocoa)
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp runny honey
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 cloves of crushed garlic
2 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp olive oil
- Add all the glaze ingredients together in a blender and mix until a thick paste is formed. If you do not have a blender simply ensure all the ingredients are as finely chopped/grated as possible and combine with a fork.
- Place your meat in bowl and coat it evenly with the marinade – the easiest way is to get in there with your fingers!
- Once coated, cover with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours to marinade. It can be left overnight if your meat is fresh.
- When ready, place the marinated meat in a shallow oven proof dish and cook in a 200C hot oven for 45 minutes – turning half way through. Can also be cooked under the grill for 16-20 minutes, turning half way. Of course, once we return to warmer weather this is a great one for the BBQ!
- Serve it up with a jacket potato or a large salad – or both!