These are delightful to look at, fantastic as gifts and easy to make. Great one for little fingers to roll!
These are quick and light as they are made with no butter. They are a treat served with coffee after dinner or at a coffee morning with the mums! I have rolled these in desiccated coconut, chopped almonds and cocoa powder but you could use anything – white chocolate, sprinkles, silver balls – depending on theme and occasion. With Christmas coming you could even roll them in greens, red and gold…
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
Bring the double cream to a light boil in a saucepan, let cool slightly, and then pour over the chocolate.
Add the Baileys and stir continuously until the chocolate has completely
Whisk the mixture for 5-8 minutes until it starts to get
stiff and cold.
- Cover and put in the fridge for about 90 minutes (or until
- With two teaspoons (or your fingers, or your childs fingers!), shape small balls and roll these in the
covering of your choice. Once completely covered, place in fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl within a gently simmering saucepan of water.
- Once melted, let it cool slightly then stir until thick and flowing.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Using your hands (this is great for the children to do!), shape the balls and roll them in desiccated coconut.
- Place them in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Word or warning – be careful not to leave out on a plate….they will vanish!!!