Once you have scooped out all the flesh from your pumpkin – do not discard the seeds! They make a super tasty and healthy snack!
- Scoop out the seeds once you are carving your pumpkin and save them
- Wash them in a bowl and remove any flesh – guess who will love this job!!?? Little ones…Big bowl and a little water…they will be at it for a while!
- If you have no patience for the children doing it then fill a bowl of water and dump the seeds and left over flesh into it. Stir it for a few minutes and you will find that the seeds automatically come to the surface – simply scoop them out!
- Lay them on a tea towel over night to dry
- When dry, place them in a bowl and toss them in any (or all) of the below:
- olive oil
- soya sauce
- garlic powder
- Place them on a baking sheet on a tray and bake them at 120C for about 30 minutes tossing every 15-20 minutes to ensure they don’t burn
- Once done, let them cool completely!
- They are lovely and crisp and a great source of protein!
- Will keep in the fridge for months – but probably won’t last a day!!!