Moist and absolutely gorgeous! This recipe can be used to make a loaf as above, a round cake (just use different shaped tin) or muffins (use cup cake cases) Really lovely as an afternoon treat – or an anytime treat!! Without the icing it is also a potential breakfast bite or midmorning snack. Just save and use the pumpkin flesh you dug out when you were carving pumpkins – no waste!
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp ground cardamom (if you can find!)
100ml vegetable oil
- Pre heat oven to 190C
- Carve out your pumpkin and finely chop all meat (save seeds and pumpkin – see other recipes!)
- Combine the dry ingredients(except the sugar) together in a bowl
- Beat sugar and oil in a separate bowl – it will seem dry which is fine
- Add eggs, one at a time, until thoroughly mixed
- Add the chopped pumpkin and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time, alternating with the water
- Pour into greased tin or loaf or spoon into cup cake cases
If making loaf as depicted above – bake for 55-60 minutes
If making a round cake (it will not be as tall) – bake for 40-45 minutes
If making cup cakes – bake for 15-20 minutes
As with any baking, a skewer inserted into the middle should come out dry and clean to ensure recipe is ready!
Let cool completely on a wire rack and then decorate! I have used icing sugar combined with a bit of red and yellow food colouring and water above!